By Gina Mennett Lee, M.Ed.
Auvi-Q has just announced that it will return on Valentine’s Day and it could not come soon enough for our family. They are also announcing the that there will be no–I repeat no–out-of-pocket expenses for the consumer with their Auvi-Q AffordAbility Program (which includes a direct delivery service).
Just this morning my daughter was complaining that she couldn’t wear her new Ivory Ella t-shirt because her Epipen carrier was too obvious under her shirt. As a middle-schooler with a petite body, I have to admit that her auto-injector belt containing 2 pens is bulky and noticeable. She knows how important it is to carry her auto-injectors so she just deals with it but it’s not fun. We were quick adopters of the Auvi-Q when it first came to market and were heart-broken when it left. Even though we are grateful to Epipen (I have used it several times for my daughter and it was life-saving.), we will move to Auvi-Q when it returns to market.
Here are our reasons why:
- Size: As stated above, it is much more convenient to carry 2 auto-injectors.
- Design: The design is superior in my opinion. The fact that it is voice-guided gives me peace of mind when I am away from my daughter. I know that others will be able to step in and use the device correctly. There is plenty of data to back this up.
- Fear Factor: The needle quickly injects the epinephrine and then retracts. This fact helps those that are afraid of needles or of injecting someone.
For more information, please see www.auvi-q.com. Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Most Recent Posts
- 25 Jan 2017Become an Information NinjaBy Gina Mennett Lee, M.Ed. In thinking about the most important tip I could share with you this year...
- 19 Jan 2017Auvi-Q is Back! Here’s why our family is happy.By Gina Mennett Lee, M.Ed. Auvi-Q has just announced that it will return on Valentine’s Day an...
- 04 Oct 2016The Importance of Properly Communicating #Food #Allergy #PolicyI am rejoicing as this year’s back-to-school night was the first in which there was no uncomfo...
Contact us today!Interested in learning more about how we can help you? Please email us at email@example.com
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest news, research and resources? Subscribe here!
Client TestimonialIwas very impressed with all the information we heard at Sunday’s conference. Thank you for all that you do for this cause. I found the information very helpful. I look forward to using the book with my staff.
- Director of a Child Care program, attended a presentation by Gina